Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Next Step

I received my medical packet in the mail on January 3, so less than one month after my interview and nomination. I am currently in the process of trying to find a VA hospital that will do the tests free of charge. I am also looking into other options.

The PC does reimburse volunteers, but the numbers are low. So, I will definitely be doing a lot of praying as I begin the next step to become a PC volunteer! I am going to read over my medical kit when I get back to Lubbock, and I will post my feelings about it. 

On a side note, God is continuing to Bless me and work in my life. Today, I found out that Tech granted me an extra $4,555.00 to help with my tuition to make up for some errors in the financial aid office regarding my FAFSA. What a blessing!

As always, keep me in your prayers.

"Your dreams are never too big when you trust in the Lord"

1 comment:

  1. Hi! During my medical process, I never found a VA hospital that seemed to even know what the peace corps is. I'm in Houston, so, I didn't think it would be difficult. Turns out....it was. I ended up going to my GP and lucky me, insurance covered a lot! Also, i used cvs and walgreens for vaccines. Way cheaper than a physician or travel clinic. When it was all said and done, after reimbursement from the peace corps, I was out of pocket about $200. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete